How sports broadcasters can ensure the delivery of quality video, images and graphics to the growing array of media platforms is on the agenda of the inaugural Sports Business & Technology Summit, which is scheduled for June 19 in New York.
The summit — hosted by the GV sister publications Broadcasting & Cable, Multichannel News and TV Technology at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St. — will also cover a range of topics of interest to sports broadcasters, including rights acquisition, multiplatform distribution, advertising, mobile apps and 4K technology.
To provide insight into those areas, as well as examine the latest trends in sports media, the summit has arranged for sports-broadcasting leaders to share their opinions on the future of sports-broadcast production. The summit’s keynote speakers are:
- Mark Lazarus, chairman of the NBC Sports Group
- Bob Bowman, chairman and CEO of MLB Advanced Media
- Sean McManus, chairman of CBS Sports
- Laurel Richie, president of the WNBA
- Randy Freer, co-president and COO of Fox Sports Media Group
- John Skipper, president of ESPN and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks
Louis Hillelson, vice president and group publisher of Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News, said in the announcement that “there is no hotter topic” in the television business than the growth and evolution of sports.
Click here for more information on the summit, or to register for the event.