Platinum Tools Inc, a provider of solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable located in Carillo, Calif., unveils its VDV MapMaster 2.0 voice, data and video tester.
“The VDV MapMaster 2.0 now combines cable length measurement with continuitytesting, mapping and tonegeneratorfunctionsinto a single unit,” said Lee Sachs, Platinum Tools’ president and general manager. The VDV MapMaster is capable of identifying and mapping 19locations at one time, he added.
The MapMaster 2.0’s “length mode” measures the length of entire cables and its pin pairs and allows for viewing and adjusting the length constant value for video, data, and voice cables, Platinum Tools says. The device also tests Cat-6, Cat5e, Cat-5, Cat-4, Cat-3, and coax cables, as well as shielded cables. Video and data cables can be connected to their respective remotes at the same time to improve testing efficiency. Patch cables may be tested without removing the master remote from storage, the company says.
The VDV MapMaster’s size is 6.4 inches x 2.8 inches x 1.4 inches and weighs just 9 ounces, the company says. Additional features of the device are:
- Tests voice (six wire), data (eight wire), and video (coax)
- Measures the entire length of a cable and/or individual wire pairs within the cable
- Easy-to-read, extra large liquid crystal display (LCD) screen with large icons
- Tone generator with selectable tone cadence and selectable pins carrying tone
- Measures length in feet or meters
- Tests and indicates pins with shorts, opens, reversals miss-wires and split pairs
- Displays “Pass” icon for correctly wired T568A/B and crossover/uplink
- Displays “Pass” icon for correctly wired 6-pin telephone plus “Rev” for reverse pinned
- Voltage detection warning icon
- Long battery life; low battery icon indicator
- Auto power off