Milestone Systems, a Danish producer of internet protocol (IP) video management software, has unveiled the latest version of its XProtect software that offers multi-stage video grooming and support for edge storage which expands the capabilities for powerful, reliable management of large-scale security system operations.
XProtect Corporate 4.0 is the top-of-the-line offering in the Milestone family of open platform IP video management software, designed for high capacity, multi-site installations, supporting unlimited numbers of cameras and users. This newest version offers several key features, including:
- “Milestone Federated Architecture” provides infinite scalability through central management of all federated entities in a system hierarchy on all levels of multiple sites, from a company headquarters to subsidiaries and to branch offices.
- Extended user rights that allows customizing user access and operation by skill levels, tasks, or time profiles (such as by guards on shifts), or by individuals and groups.
- Alarm management which provides consolidated and prioritized overviews for enhanced alarm handling with rule definitions for event triggers and dynamic camera previews, including work instructions, escalation or forwarding actions. Those features improve response times and reduce the number of false alarms.
- Bookmark incidents in both live and playback modes with time-synchronized video previews to ease evidence creation and share details to speed up investigations.
- Multi-Stage Storage lets system administrators measurably optimize storage in levels, defining chains and timing multiple archives to different drives and hardware, grooming the video data by reducing the number of frames at each stage. Checking storage status in the system dashboard at any time, including usage by camera.
- “Edge” storage support can be deployed as the cameras providing onboard storage become available from the manufacturers, increasing system reliability during maintenance down time or for installations with cameras on wireless, public Internet or other environments where network connections can be temporarily lost. Edge storage is a safeguard to ensure uninterrupted recording.
“In synergy with the hardware configuration, you can now get exponentially more video written to the database,” Christian Bohn, Milestone Systems’ vice president of marketing and product development. That means users can reduce the overall cost of their hardware needs because XProtect Corporate 4.0 will help streamline those requirements. “Milestone’s unique video archiving model has also been further developed with multi-stage grooming, encryption and recording configuration options that significantly lower the cost of storage.”