Because wireless infrastructure and support providers are optimizing “long-term evolution” as the lead strategy for general communications technologies, including for video surveillance, multimedia push-to-talk and others, LTE services will generate nearly $23 billion in revenue by the end of 2018, a report says.
There is a rapidly growing demand for broadband-enabled data applications within certain vertical market segments, including public safety, oil, gas and energy production, defense and others, says the report “LTE in Industry Verticals: Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013–2018” by Mind Commerce, a consulting and research firm.
The report says LTE services in the aforementioned vertical market segments will grow at a compound annual growth rate of nearly 63 percent and eventually account for close to $23 billion in service revenue by the end of 2018.
The report provides an in depth assessment of LTE in industry verticals including use cases, case studies, business case, value chain analysis, adoption timelines, and evaluation of key trends and drivers, Mind Commerce says.
The report includes forecasts for subscriptions and service revenue for 2012 to 2018 with sub-market data for the agriculture, construction, defense, distance learning, education, gas and energy, health care, mining, oil, public safety, transportation and utilities industries. The topics the study covers are:
- Overview of LTE technology
- Value chain for LTE in vertical industry segments
- Business case for LTE in vertical industry segments
- Subscription and service revenues for consumer and enterprise LTE usage
- Key trends impacting LTE adoption in vertical industry segments including critical infrastructure, municipal networks, M2M and LMR to LTE migration
- Use cases, case studies and adoption timelines for LTE in the vertical segments agriculture, construction, defense, education, gas and energy, health care, mining, oil, public safety, transportation and utilities industries
- Subscription and service revenue forecasts assessing the LTE industry by the vertical industry segments agriculture, construction, defense, distance learning, education, gas and energy, health care, mining, oil, public safety, transportation and utilities industries
Click hear to access more information about the report.