Federal Communications Commission Acting Chairwoman Mignon Clyburn has made several staff appointments including her chief of staff, legal advisors and assistants.
The appointees, their positions and backgrounds are:
- P. Michele Ellison was named as chief of staff. Ellison previously served as chief of the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau, which is responsible for carrying out the agency’s rules and orders.
- Dave Grimaldi was appointed as chief counsel and senior legal advisor. Grimaldi previously served as chief of staff in then Commissioner Clyburn’s office.
- Louis Peraertz was selected to serve as legal advisor for wireless, international, and public safety issues. Peraertz has been on Commissioner Clyburn’s staff since October 2009.
- Rebekah Goodheart was named as legal advisor for wireline issues. Goodheart has worked at the FCC since January 2008 serving as deputy director of the Technology Transitions Policy Task Force.
- Sarah Whitesell was appointed legal advisor for media issues. Whitesell previously served as deputy bureau chief of the Media Bureau.
- Drema Johnson has been chosen to serve as confidential assistant. Johnson is responsible for managing the office as well as overseeing the acting chairwoman’s personal schedule and travel arrangements.
- DeeAnn Smith was picked to serve as staff assistant. Smith joined the agency in 2009.
- Dorothy Givens-Terry was selected to serve as special assistant. Givens-Terry is an experienced researcher, interviewer, reporter and entrepreneur.
- Carol Lott was chosen to serve as special assistant. Lott has more than 26 years of administrative and office management experience.