D-Link Systems Inc., a provider of surveillance connectivity for small offices and mid- to large-sized organizations, has made available several enhancements to its mydlink portal and mydlink cloud camera apps that increase remote monitoring of a facility using a computer or mobile device.
Offering new features to its line of mydlink-enabled cloud cameras, D-Link now provides easier configuration via its mydlink portal and enhanced remote capabilities via the mydlink+ and free mydlink lite app to virtually any computer, iPhone or iPad running iOS 4.3 or later or on an Android device running 1.6 Android or later, D-Link says.
D-Link’s addition of several new features to its mydlink apps make it easier for small organizations to use D-Link cloud cameras for round-the-clock surveillance, said Daniel Kelley, D-Link’s vice president of marketing. “The new capabilities cater directly to mobile users and extend the control of cloud cameras while on the go,” he says.
The new features being offered as part of D-Link’s cloud cameras offer more control to users via the mydlink portal and a range of mobile devices. Those features are:
- Easy portal configuration; the mydlink portal now enables users to update motion and audio detection settings, including recording schedules and setting noise thresholds, directly on the mydlink portal without having to go through advanced settings.
- Remote video playback; users can play back video stored on the SD card housed in the camera (for select cameras) to multiple mobile devices, as well as configure recording schedules and override options in the event the SD card is full.
- Two-way audio; users can now speak and hear through a mobile device to select D-Link cloud cameras that support two-way audio.
- Remote pan and tilt; for added remote flexibility, users of the Cloud Camera 5000 can also pan and tilt live camera video from a mobile device.
- Device rename; easily rename the mydlink-enabled device from either the mobile app or portal, which can be a useful feature if a device is relocated to a new or temporary location and the user wants to easily identify the device.
- Re-order device listing; a simple drag and drop interface enables users with multiple mydlink-enabled devices to show devices in the order of their preference.
Click here for more information.