Avigilon, a producer of high-definition and megapixel video surveillance systems, unveiled its HD Bullet Camera series that can see facial details in complete darkness.
The HD Bullet Cameras have built-in adaptive infrared illumination and are available in outdoor 1 MP, 2 MP, 3 MP and 5 MP resolutions, according to Avigilon.
“Being able to identify faces in the dark is a huge advantage when securing your business and protecting your people,” said Rick Ramsay, Avigilon’s senior product manager. “Organizations around the world operate 24 hours a day. They need discreet, high-definition surveillance that provides business intelligence and protection to operate efficiently, regardless of the time of day.”
The adaptive IR illumination automatically manages camera settings and infrared lighting to capture details in surveillance footage that are lost by cameras using static IR illumination. This unique feature also matches the illumination to the scene so security professionals can see image detail regardless of scene conditions.
The 1 MP, 2 MP and 3 MP HD Bullet cameras are also equipped with powerful in-sensor wide dynamic range capabilities, which exposes each pixel multiple times for better image quality, Avigilon says. That feature provides security professionals with clear view of an entire scene, including areas that are brightly lit or in darkness or shadow, the company says.
Additional features of the H3 Bullet cameras are:
- Two lens options: from three millimeter to nine millimeter and from nine millimeter to 22 millimeter
- Rated for temperatures between minus 40 Fahrenheit to 120 Fahrenheit
- Fully motorized lens for remote adjustment of focus and zoom reduces installation time
- Extra RJ45 Ethernet connection port underneath the camera assists with camera aiming during installation
- Audio connections enable two-way communication
- Digital in/out ports enable connection to external systems such as alarm input and output that are Open Network Video Interface Forum compliant
While Avigilon unveiled the HD Bullet Camera series, the cameras will not be available until January 2013.