Being held in Pasadena, Calif. Sept. 19-20, DV Expo is all new for 2012 – with a new training partner (FMC), a new Pro Media Conference, a new Streaming Video Technology Showcase, and more content to attract more high-quality attendees working in more segments of video than ever before.
Digital Video Expo 2012 highlights include:
- The LA POST | PRODUCTION CONFERENCE, featuring training on Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer, as well as sessions on DSLR production and post, time-lapse video, and web video.
- Educational workshops from AbelCine on such critical topics as “The Hows and Whys of Lighting,” “Choosing the Right Camera,” “Intro to Digital Cameras – Raw, Log and Uncompressed,” “On-Set Workflows and Media Management,” and “HD Frame Rates, Color and Compression.”
- The launch of the two-day PRO MEDIA CONFERENCE, designed for professionals working in media and entertainment, video and audio production, Internet and mobile video, and engineering/IT.
- Exhibit Hall with the newest gear from the industry’s most innovative companies.
- “DVE Backstage” sessions, featuring a conversation with Academy Award-Winning editor Paul Hirsch, A.C.E., and master classes with documentary filmmaker David Vassar and cinematographer Gale Tattersall.
- A block of free educational sessions on Thursday, September 20 geared toward the business components of independent video production.
- The Presentation Theater on the show floor, where the industry’s leading companies will take audiences through their latest breakthrough products and technologies.Participating presenters include Sony, Panasonic, and IBM (The LTO Program).
- Association meetings held on Wednesday evening with Digital Media Artists LA and the LA Final Cut Pro User Group.
- Twice-daily prize drawings held on Wednesday, September 19th and Thursday, September 20th, which offer event attendees the chance to win thousands of dollars worth of products (must be present to win).
For up-to-the-minute event and registration information, please visit http://www.dvexpo.com and follow @DigitalVideoXpo on Twitter.