The Washington, D.C., Fire Chief said responsibility lay with him for a firefighting demonstration gone bad that send one firefighter to the hospital and was caught on video.
In the demonstration, at Washington's Gallaudet University, firefighters demonstrated an alarm and sprinkler system in a pair of prop "rooms." But material designed to keep keep smoke in check instead caught fire and dripped on the firefighters, who initially appear not to realize what's happening.
A series of errors contributed to the mishap, the chief said.
The initial video of the episode is here, and another view is here:
Follow Government Video on Twitter: www.twitter.com/governmentvideo.