The ISC West 2013 show, set for April 9–12 in Las Vegas, has at least a dozen sessions and workshops focused on video surveillance, or some type of video technology of interest to integrators, information technology specialists and security personnel.
- In the learning lab “Enable the Cable for IP Video,” 7:30 a.m., participants learn about IP surveillance systems trends.
- The technical training boot camp “IP-TAC2: IP/ IT Surveillance Standards Boot Camp,” 8 a.m., delivers comprehensive training on IP/IT surveillance and technical standards.
- In the session “Identifying Applications and Customers for Virtual Video Guard Services,” 1:30 p.m., attendees are provided with the tools to identify a virtual guard service opportunity.
- The interactive session “Designing CCTV to International Standards for Visual Evidence,” 2:45 p.m., helps end-users and technical individuals learn how to gather video evidence cost effectively.
- “Effectively Meaning the Installation Process,” 7:30 a.m., provides integrators with the skills needed to ensure completion of their projects.
- The session “Megapixel Networking 101: Preparing Your Network for Megapixel Surveillance,” 11:15 a.m., covers designing a networked megapixel digital video surveillance system.
- “60 Sites, 50 Miles and 5 Key Lessons Learned: How One School District Made the Move to IP Video Surveillance,” 12:30 p.m., details how a school district combined its 60 schools into a single surveillance solution.
- “Proactive City-Wide Video Surveillance,” 1:45 p.m., provides instruction for installing a city-wide surveillance system.
- Review how lighting technologies affects a CCTV system in the session “Getting the Most from Your CCTV System at Night Using Today’s Lighting Technologies,” 7:30 a.m.
- The session “The Revolution in Video: Intelligent Video,” 10 a.m., looks at how intelligent video is reducing the amount of information contained in video, making it more manageable.
- “Audio Monitoring and the Law: How to Use Audio Legally as Part of a Security System,” 12:30 p.m., provides information on the legalities of using audio monitoring in security systems.
- Cracking the Code to Forensic Video, April 11, 12:30 p.m. This session provides the latest on Internet protocol video technology and how it is making forensic use of video in and out of court.
Of course ISC West 2013 has plenty of other activities, including the exhibitor floor featuring about 1,000 vendors who will be showcasing the latest security technologies.